Baotrophic® Oils for Bladder Treatment have been developed by Physion, the manufacturer of the EMDA® Bladder Treatment system.
Natural products are becoming more and more popular, requested not only by consumers and healthcare patients but also by medical professionals.
Physion has created a new division under the name PHYSION Natura and focussed its research on the Baobab, a well-known ‘supertree’ for medicinal compounds. A careful study of the historical background of this tree and a thorough testing programme has allowed Physion to identify the properties of the oil extracts that can alleviate symptoms of the lower urinary tract induced by BCG as well as providing relief to patients with functional urology symptoms.
- Micturition Urgency
- Micturition Burning
- Urge Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Perineal Pain
Baotrophic® YELLOW label
For Functional Indications
One treatment per week for 4 weeks. One treatment per month for maintenance.
For treatment of patient non-responders to conventional drugs such as anticholinergics, alpha-blockers, antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatories, in the presence of symptoms including cystitis, nocturia, pollakiuria, urgency, micturition burning, urge incontinence, dysuria, haematuria, pelvic and perineal pain.
Baotrophic® RED label
For Bladder Cancer
For treatment of patient non-responders to conventional drugs such as anticholinergics, alpha-blockers, antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatories, in the presence of BCG-induced symptoms, ie cystitis, nocturia, pollakiuria, urgency, micturition burning, urge incontinence, dysuria, haematuria, pelvic and perineal pain.
Mechanisms of Action
- Relevant presence of pectine and glucides that promote the gag layer build-up.
- High vitamin C concentration supports the biosinthesis during connective tissue formation, which is functional to the sealing process of epithelial cells.
- Relevant concentration of saponin, sterols and triterpenes that help painkiller and anti-inflammatory adjuvant properties, almost to the level of aspirin.
- High levels of vitamin C suggest an antioxidant action that blocks free radicals produced by cell necrosis, thus reversing the apoptosis ratio – i.e. increasing the number of epithelial cells as opposed to those dying.
- High levels of minerals such as phosphor, calcium and magnesium, support a trophic action over cells in which their healing process is predominant over those flaking.
Baotrophic® is adjuvant in the gag layer repair and preservation, acts as a fast painkiller, has anti-inflammatory properties and its antioxidant action promotes cellular reproduction, when compared to conventional substances.
In addition, the relevant presence of more adjuvants that concur in the repair of the urothelium membrane, creates a hostile environment for the proliferation of bacteria and viral replication.